Friday, August 13, 2010

Trip to Wyoming

Last weekend we went up to Wyoming to visit some of our family. I made the mistake of telling Caitlyn on Monday that we were going to visit Grandpa Larry, Grandma Susan & Grandma Connie (we didn't leave until Thursday evening). So on Monday when I was busy folding laundry, Caitlyn marches into the master bedroom & informs me that she's all packed & ready to go. In her words, "I got Caitlyn & Brayden's swimsuits, Caitlyn & Brayden's blankets, toys, Tiger, & Bear." So I walked with her to her room and this is what I found...Too cute!

Brayden taking a walk with Kelsy.
Brayden has been walking on his own for about a week now, but sometimes he prefers help (I think especially when it involves help from pretty girls.) ;)
The kids learning how to play basketball with Daddy.
Kyle teaching Caitlyn how to shoot the basketball.
Brayden having fun shooting hoops with Uncle Andy.
Caitlyn making a slam dunk with a little assistance from Grandpa Larry.
My parents put a fountain in their front garden area, and the kids had way too much fun playing in it.
"Mom, can we get one of these at our house?"
Brayden being a typical boy & inspecting every part of the fountain.
Saturday night Caitlyn's Uncle Andy & Kelsy introduced Caitlyn to smores. Caitlyn was sick with a high fever all day Saturday, so thankfully she was feeling a little better by that evening & was able to enjoy a special treat.
Grandma Susan letting Brayden enjoy a marshmallow.
"Hey, Sister, don't you want to share a little bit of that?"
When we were making smores on the back patio, Brayden was determined to figure out an escape.
"I think climbing the gate is the best solution."
"Almost there..."
After his unsuccessful attempt at escape, Brayden decided to relax with Kelsy...(he leads such a rough life)!

1 comment:

Erica said...

What a fun visit! It's too cute what they think is important to pack, and smores always make a girl feel better!

Blog Archive